Hello My Friends!
Does your country deal a lot with import and export products? Do you prefer imports or exports? Do you like living in a busy urban area or a peaceful rural area? Today we will look at 2 Fast 2 Furious, the second movie in the Fast and the Furious franchise and explain the vocabulary brace, export, import, outskirts, and urban. Also, we will discuss the grammar forms related with the word “too.” Don’t miss out on our live discussion too to practice your English!
Here are some exercises for you guys to practice the vocabulary and grammar with! The answers are written at the bottom of the page.
Exercise 1: Vocabulary Word Replacing (Don’t forget to change the word to match the grammar like past/present continuous etc.)
Replace the red word with one of today’s vocabulary: brace, export, import, outskirts, and urban.
1. Hold on tight, we are going to crash!
2. A lot of products in America come from China.
3. There are usually lots of buildings and people in city areas.
4. The top outgoing product from Cuba is bananas.
5. Usually the speed limits outside of cities are higher than those inside of cities.
Exercise 2: Grammar:
Today we are showing how we can use the word “too” as an emphasis word by putting it before adjectives in a sentence.
too + adjective
Change to following sentences to use the word “too” to make the sentence more emphasized. Remember, adding “too” often makes a sentence negative in meaning, but NOT ALWAYS. In a few special situations it can be positive like in the sentence “this car is too awesome.”
*tip* don’t forget to conjugate the verb properly depending on the subject
Example) My sister is curious -> My sister is TOO curious.
In the first sentence of the example my sister is just a curious girl. However, in the second it is slightly negative and perhaps means that she is very curious and doesn’t let me have my own private time.
1. This tea is hot.
2. The movie we saw yesterday was long.
3. The lunch that I ate was small.
4. I want to buy that house but it is expensive.
5. That comedian is funny. I hurt my back when I laughed.
Please remember to like, subscribe and share this page and the video! Also, this website and these videos are free resources for you guys, and if you would like to support me please turn off ad-blocker when you watch my videos on YouTube and click on an advertisement on this website. You don’t have to buy anything from the advertisement, but just clicking on the advertisement will help me financially so that I can keep on making these free resources for you guys! Thank you!
1. patient 2. destination 3. predict 4. intense 5. obsolete
1. This tea is too hot.
2. The movie we saw yesterday was too long.
3. The lunch that I ate was too small.
4. I want to buy that house but it is too expensive.
5. That comedian is too funny. I hurt my back when I laughed.