Hello My Friends
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to travel back or forward in time? If you did, what would you do when you went there? Today we are going to talk about the classic movie “back to the future” and explain the vocabulary destination, intense, obsolete, patient, and predict. Also, we will discuss the grammar forms related with the word “when.” Don’t miss out on our live discussion too to practice your English!
Here are some exercises for you guys to practice the vocabulary and grammar with! The answers are written at the bottom of the page.
Exercise 1: Vocabulary Word Replacing (Don’t forget to change the word to match the grammar like past/present continuous etc.)
Replace the red word with one of today’s vocabulary: destination, intense, obsolete, patient, and predict.
1. If you want to be a teacher for children you need to be tolerant for long periods of time.
2. New York is a popular place to go.
3. Great Taekwondo fighters can foresee where their opponent will attack.
4. The flavour of 100 year old eggs is extremely strong.
5. Many things that people used in the 1950’s are not used anymore.
Exercise 2: Grammar:
Showing how we can use the word “when” to show future tense!
Change to following sentences to use the word “when” to indicate future tense with when both at the beginning and in the middle of sentences! Remember, we can write when both at the beginning and at in the middle of sentences here, but don’t forget the comma “,”.
*tip* don’t forget to conjugate the verb properly depending on the subject
Example) Finish work. Play golf. -> When I finish work, I will go play golf.
1. Go on vacation. See the pyramids.
2. Watch the movie. Eat popcorn.
3. Go to the library. Study.
4. Meet my friends. Have a party.
5. Go on a diet. Eat vegetables.
Please remember to like, subscribe and share this page and the video! Also, this website and these videos are free resources for you guys, and if you would like to support me please turn off ad-blocker when you watch my videos on YouTube and click on an advertisement on this website. You don’t have to buy anything from the advertisement, but just clicking on the advertisement will help me financially so that I can keep on making these free resources for you guys! Thank you!
1. patient 2. destination 3. predict 4. intense 5. obsolete
1. When I go on vacation, I will see the pyramids.
I will see the pyramids when I go on vacation.
2. When I watch the movie, I will eat popcorn.
I will eat popcorn when I watch the movie.
3. When I go to the library, I will study.
I will study when I go to the library.
4. When I meet my friends, I will have a party.
I will have a party when I meet my friends.
5. When you go on a diet, you will eat vegetables.
You will eat vegetables when you go on a diet.