Hello My Friends!
What great challenges are you faced with? Have you ever lived for revenge? Or maybe to rescue someone who you love? Today, we will talk about some great new vocabulary like afflict, challenge, convalesce, previous and stall. Also, we will discuss the grammar forms related with the word “like.”
Here are some exercises for you guys to practice the vocabulary and grammar with! The answers are written at the bottom of the page.
Exercise 1: Vocabulary Word Replacing (Don’t forget to change the word to match the grammar like past/present continuous etc.)
Replace the red word with one of today’s vocabulary: afflict, challenge, convalesce, previous, stall.
1. When my career stopped I went back to school to train for a new one.
2. Cancer victims need a lot of time to recover.
3. He makes me suffer by eating snacks in front of me as I diet.
4. I invite you to compete with me in a game of tennis to see who is better!
5. My former boss was so much nicer than my current one.
Exercise 2: Grammar:
Showing feelings with the word “like.”
Insert the correct words: look(s) like, smell(s) like, sound(s) like, feel(s) like, or taste(s) like.
*tip* don’t forget to conjugate the verb properly depending on the subject- he looks, they look
Example) That is a sour lemon -> That tastes like a sour lemon.
1. He is a farmer.
2. That is a beautiful song.
3. That is a rose.
4. That is cold ice.
5. This is Mexican food.
Please remember to like, subscribe and share this page and the video! Also, this website and these videos are free resources for you guys, and if you would like to support me please turn off ad-blocker when you watch my videos on YouTube and click on an advertisement on this website. You don’t have to buy anything from the advertisement, but just clicking on the advertisement will help me financially so that I can keep on making these free resources for you guys! Thank you!
1. stalled 2. convalesce 3. afflicts me/afflicts me with suffering 4. challenge 5. previous
1. He looks like a farmer.
2. That sounds like a beautiful song.
3. That smells like a rose.
4. That feels like cold ice.
5. This tastes like Mexican food.