Hello My Friends!
What are we going to do if aliens attack earth? Do you think that humans can survive? Should we depend on giant robots to save us? Today, we will talk about some great new vocabulary like cumbersome, gigantic, sever, survive and thwart. Also, we will discuss the difference between words like definitely, absolutely, and exactly. Don’t miss out on our live discussion too to practice your English!
Here are some exercises for you guys to practice the vocabulary and grammar with! The answers are written at the bottom of the page.
Exercise 1: Vocabulary Word Replacing (Don’t forget to change the word to match the grammar like past/present continuous etc.)
Replace the red word with one of today’s vocabulary: cumbersome, survive, sever, gigantic, thwart.
1. The Avengers always try to stop Loki’s evil plans.
2. My finger was cut off when I fought in the war.
3. It is hard for humans to keep living when there is no food or water.
4. I just upgraded from a small TV to a huge one.
5. The problem with big cars is that they are big and hard to move, and even more difficult to park.
Exercise 2: Grammar:
Using definitely, absolutely and exactly.
Insert the word (definitely, absolutely, exactly) in the blank spaces
*tip* remember, these words are quite similar, but have small differences. Absolutely (100%) is stronger than definitely (95%). Both absolutely and definitely can be used instead of “yes” when answering a question. Exactly is a little closer to the meaning “true” or “precise/accurate” in many situations.
Example) I am ____ going to go to school tomorrow. (95% chance) -> I am definitely going to go to school tomorrow.
1. That is ____ what happened! (true)
2. She ____ likes him, I saw her wait for him after school. (95%)
3. I am ____ certain that I turned off the T.V. before I left home! (100%)
4. He is ____ where I told him to be. (true)
5. I ____ want to spend my money on a new car. (95%) (just a tiny bit uncertain!)
Please remember to like, subscribe and share this page and the video! Also, this website and these videos are free resources for you guys, and if you would like to support me please turn off ad-blocker when you watch my videos on YouTube and click on an advertisement on this website. You don’t have to buy anything from the advertisement, but just clicking on the advertisement will help me financially so that I can keep on making these free resources for you guys! Thank you!
1. thwart 2. severed 3. survive 4. gigantic 5. cumbersome
1. That is exactly what happened! (true)
2. She definitely likes him, I saw her wait for him after school. (95%)
3. I am absolutely certain that I turned off the T.V. before I left home! (100%)
4. He is exactly where I told him to be. (precise)
5. I definitely want to spend my money on a new car. (95%) (just a tiny bit uncertain!)