Hello My Friends!
Have you ever yearned (wanted) for something so bad that you dream about it every day? Are you still searching for the perfect life? That’s what happens to Wayne and Garth in the famous movie “Wayne’s World.” ? Today, we will talk about some great new vocabulary like mirth, negotiate, reluctant, vow, and yearn. Also, we will continue discussing about how conditional grammar in English works (if I have/if it is or if I had/if it was). Don’t miss out on our live discussion too to practice your English!
Here are some exercises for you guys to practice the vocabulary and grammar with! The answers are written at the bottom of the page.
Exercise 1: Vocabulary Word Replacing (Don’t forget to change the word to match the grammar like past/present continuous etc.)
Replace the red word with one of today’s vocabulary: mirth, negotiate, reluctant, vow, yearn.
1. I want to return to the time when I was young and healthy.
2. At their wedding, the groom promised to love the bride.
3. There is so much happiness and excitement at the children’s playground.
4. I am unwilling to change from PC to Mac.
5. Let’s discuss a deal for our two companies to trade.
Exercise 2: Grammar:
Making conditional sentences:
Change each of the following sentences to make a conditional sentence.
Example) You don’t study hard -> I would study hard if I were you.
1. I want to play. The weather isn’t nice.
2. John knows what to do. John isn’t here.
3. She wants to see the Aurora Borealis. She is not in northern Canada.
4.Wayne wants to make a TV show. Wayne isn’t rich.
5. Julie wants to take some medicine for her headache. Julie doesn’t have any medicine.
Please remember to like, subscribe and share this page and the video! Also, this website and these videos are free resources for you guys, and if you would like to support me please turn off ad-blocker when you watch my videos on YouTube and click on an advertisement on this website. You don’t have to buy anything from the advertisement, but just clicking on the advertisement will help me financially so that I can keep on making these free resources for you guys! Thank you!
1. yearn for, 2. vowed, 3. mirth, 4. reluctant, 5. negotiate
1. I would play if the weather were nice.
2. John would know what to do if he was here.
3. She could see the Aurora Borealis if she was in northern Canada.
4. Wayne would make a TV show if he were rich.
5. Julie could take some medicine for her headache if she had some.