Hello My Friends!
I apologize that I am uploading this lesson here so late. The other day I was in a car accident (someone rear-ended me) so I have been trying to recover!
There are so many wars and fights all over the world, and who can stop them? In today’s class we talk a little bit about the story of Lawrence of Arabia, a British man who tries to gather and liberate Middle Eastern people from the British and stop infighting. We will talk about some great new vocabulary like convince, depart, liberate, mimic, and oasis. Also, we will discuss about making generalizations and how that English grammar works. Don’t miss out on our live discussion too to practice your English!
Here are some exercises for you guys to practice the vocabulary and grammar with! The answers are written at the bottom of the page.
Exercise 1: Vocabulary Word Replacing (Don’t forget to change the word to match the grammar like past/present continuous etc.)
Replace the red word with one of today’s vocabulary: ascend, soar, monstrous, ridicule, revive.
1. If you have trouble adapting to another culture, try copying the people.
2. The internet has freed a lot of information to the public.
3. Can you really make me believe that eating hamburgers is unhealthy?
4. Central park is like a fresh water spring in the middle of New York City.
5. When will you leave for your vacation?
Exercise 2: Grammar:
Making generalized sentences:
Change each of the following sentences to make a general statement. (Remember to remove the article “the, a, an” and make the noun into plural form, and don’t forget to change the verb too!)
Example) The Italian car is fast -> Italian cars are fast
1. The bear eats salmon for lunch.
2. A person in my country doesn’t understand American music.
3. The cat likes to drink milk.
4. A website is a good place to find information.
5. The cell phone is used by many people.
Please remember to like, subscribe and share this page and the video! Also, this website and these videos are free resources for you guys, and if you would like to support me please turn off ad-blocker when you watch my videos on YouTube and click on an advertisement on this website. You don’t have to buy anything from the advertisement, but just clicking on the advertisement will help me financially so that I can keep on making these free resources for you guys! Thank you!
1. mimicking (be careful of the “ck”, 2. liberated, 3. convince me, 4. oasis, 5. depart
1. Bears eat salmon for lunch.
2. People in my country don’t understand American music.
3. Cats like to drink milk.
4. Websites are a good place to find information.
5. Cell phones are used by many people.